Saturday 13 July 2013

The Pigs Are Gone

On Thursday the pigs went to the butcher's. On the way out of the farm we were met by a reception of people to see the pigs off on their last journey. Dad and I were there the whole time, dad got plenty of photos and I helped the butcher perform some of the nastier processes - my hands didn't stop smelling until the next day. It was an intense but exciting experience, one that I will never forget and hopefully recall whenever I eat meat - that this is what has to happen, and that the meat actually came from a living, breathing animal. So the pigs are gone, and with them an era, and with this new era is some delicious pork that the village and my family will share - delicious pork that has come from some happy, healthy pigs.




No comments:

Post a Comment